This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Organisational development (start-up) (44)
- Organisational development (growth) (40)
- Governance (set up) (39)
- Community shares (36)
- Governance (legal options) (35)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (33)
- Fundraising (social investment) (33)
- Business planning (31)
- Converting to a co-op (27)
- Community shares Standard Mark (16)
- Fundraising (grant) (7)
- Developing/managing assets (4)
- Human resources (4)
- Organisational development (diversification) (4)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (3)
- Community led housing (2)
- Marketing / communications (including digital) (2)
- Organisational development (maturity) (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Standards (health and safety, regulation) (2)
- Tax including social investment tax relief (SITR) (1)
- (-) Financial management and planning (6)
Co-operative Futures Ltd
I have founded and worked in many place-based co-operatives and community businesses in Oxford and have firsthand experience of business and organisational development.
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Ironmonger Community Advisors
Alan has provided advisory services to community groups and enterprises for the past 8 years on behalf of Plunkett Foundation.
Hannah is a Plunkett Foundation Adviser, Community Shares Licensed Assessor, Power to Change Peer Broker and graduate of the Barefoot Co-operative Development programme.
Acorn Co-op Support and Co-op Culture
Andy is an experienced ecological community entrepreneur with a speciality in housing co‑ops, land trusts, community ownership and worker co‑ops that have an ecological or sustainability focus.