View the latest roles being advertised at Co-operatives UK.
We put our people at the heart of everything we do. Fuelled by the passion of the co-op values, principles and culture, we are thriving. Our 150 year legacy drives innovation and collaboration.
We believe that creativity and freedom build a culture that is founded on trust. We work hard to ensure that we can all work effectively and co-operatively. We support each other, taking time to listen so that we can bring the best version of ourselves to work.
At Co-operatives UK we are a mindful, inclusive and equal opportunities employer. As an organisation that is owned and controlled by its members, we put our people at the forefront of all that we do. Work with us and discover that co-operatives offer a better way of doing business.
- Flexible working options
- Pension scheme
- Discounted travel to work schemes
- Employee wellbeing assistance programme including free eye tests
- Personal and professional growth and development, including coaching
- Trade union
Our aim is to become a truly inclusive organisation with a workforce as diverse as the co-ops we serve.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we treat all job applicants equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, and applications from LGBTQ+ and non-binary candidates as they are under-represented within our organisation and sector.
We are members of Mindful Employers, Living Wage Employers and a Disability Confident Employer and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK.
- Salary: £24,242 (pro rated to £14,545)
- Hours: 21 hours per week
- Benefits: Flexible working | Competitive pension scheme | Wellbeing programme
- Location: Manchester
- Closing date: Midnight 1 May 2023
We are delighted to share this new and exciting opportunity for a Salesforce Administrator to join our dynamic organisation.
As the voice of the UK’s co-operative movement, we empower and support co-operative enterprise with specialised knowledge and expertise, to grow the co-operative economy and create a fairer society. From football clubs and farms to convenience stores and pubs, there are more than 7,000 co-operatives in the UK, each owned and controlled by their members and based on a set of shared principles and values. By promoting shared wealth through member ownership, we are committed to enable anyone in the UK to form, or join, thriving and sustainable co-ops.
This diverse role is perfect for an adaptable individual with a real passion for the Salesforce platform. Day-to-day you will play a vital part in delivering effective, reliable, and highly automated business processes to colleagues and external clients.
With high-level expertise and a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing appropriate systems.
As an organisation we are led by our unwavering values of solidarity, self-responsibility, equity, and honesty, therefore if you share these core values, we would be delighted to receive your application.
We invite all interested parties to learn more about the role and our organisation within the recruitment pack, which can be downloaded from the recruitment documents section.
- Experience in creating and managing both basic and more complex Salesforce Admin functions, visual flows, and workflows. Experience using Sales and Experience cloud desirable
- Project manage work related to the development of automated processes that use Salesforce and related systems, ensuring appropriate plans are agreed, regularly monitored, and that key milestones are achieved
- Responsibility for maintaining close collaborative working relationships during and post go live of projects with both partners and clients
- Work collaboratively with business owners (internal and external) and end-users to develop detailed specifications for highly automated reliable and effective business processes
- Develop, test, and implement the agreed changes using Salesforce and associated and integrated systems (including Form Assembly, Docusign, GetFeedback, Conga)
- Ensure compliance with internal processes for code control, documentation, change management, testing and sign-off
- Create and assist users in the use of reports and dashboards
- Support Salesforce end-users on a day-to-day basis with their use of Salesforce and related systems
- Prepare, migrate and maintain data on the Salesforce platform
- Maintain a high-level of expertise in Salesforce and related products and a broad awareness of developments in the field of CRM, data management and data protection. Use these to promote continuous improvement and best practice in CRM and process automation throughout the organisation
To apply, visit our application portal to download the recruitment pack and to apply. If have any queries please email [email protected] – CVs cannot be accepted.