The directors toolkit is a comprehensive series of resources for inducting directors onto a co-operative board.
This toolkit has been collated as part of work being undertaken by the Co‑operative Governance Expert Reference Panel, who produce expert guides and resources – freely available for co‑operatives – to guide the practice of good governance for co‑operatives.
- The role of the board: Briefing document outlining the duties and responsibilities of a co‑operative board.
- Co‑operative company director: duties and responsibilities: An essential guide on the duties and responsibilities of a co-operative company director.
- Co‑operative society director: duties and responsibilities: An essential guide on the duties and responsibilities of a society director.
- Due diligence for co‑operative directors: Guidance questions for a due diligence process for a new co‑operative director
- Code of conduct for co‑operative directors (read-only version and editable versions): The standards of personal behaviour and conduct required of directors of co‑operatives.
- Template letter of appointment for co‑operative directors – read-only version and editable versions: A template letter setting out what is expected of new co‑operative board directors.
- Model checklist for inducting new co‑operative directors: A guideline checklist for inducting new directors onto a co‑operative board.
- Example role profile co‑operative board directors: An example role profile for a director of a co‑operative board.
- Matters reserved for the board: Matters required, or that in the interests of a co‑op, can be decided only by the board as a whole.
While every effort has been made to compile the information in this fact-sheet from the most authoritative and up‐to‐date sources, Co‑operatives UK can accept no liability for any loss made as a result of any error or omission. If you are in any doubt as to the currency of this fact sheet, contact us.