Co-operative and Community Capital Committee
The Committee enables members and stakeholders to shape areas of best practice for the UK co-operative movement in the field of member capital
What areas does the Committee focus on?
Areas of focus include:
• Withdrawable share capital in co-operatives and community benefit societies
• The Community Shares Standard Mark.
• The Community Shares Handbook.
• The Code of Practice on Withdrawable Share Capital and associated guidance.
What member resources has the Committee created?
Since its inception in 2020 the Committee has approved guidance on:
- Societies Facing up to Financial Strife
- Recovery Share Offers
- Signed off the most recent version of the Community Shares Handbook
- Emma Laycock, Co-operatives UK (Chair)
- Jeff Scales, Locality
- Morven Lyon, Community Shares Scotland
- Hannah Morris, Community Shares Wales (Cwmpas)
- Tim Coomer, Co-operative & Community Finance
- Adam Hitchings, Architectural Heritage Fund
- Chris Cowcher, Plunkett Foundation
- Andy Woodcock, Co-op Culture
- Dave Boyle, Community Shares Company
- Hilary Sudbury, Co-operative Assistance Network
- Jim Brown, Baker Brown Associates
- David Alcock, Anthony Collins Solicitors
We ensure that members influence our work. As well as our elected board of directors we run formal and informal member groups.
2 years ago
Narrative Reporting Framework for Co‑operatives
This framework helps co‑operatives report more effectively - providing members with the information that matters to them.
5 years ago