Work in partnership
Through partnership working with local government, business networks and community organisations we help transform local economies and communities. It's all about local wealth building, co-op development and community engagement.
Why should local policy makers and business institutions target co-ops?
Co-ops are a great way to create decent new livelihoods; for local wealth building; to breathe new life into local assets and enterprise; and to convert newfound community spirit into transformative action. But no community, town, city, metropolitan borough or county is the same. It's why we work together with the people who know their communities best.
Working in partnership
Alongside government and non-government bodies we can:
- Provide local economic insight and mapping to identify opportunities to apply community economic development (CED) and co-op development
- Create strategies for co-op development that link in with local wealth building
- Support networks to create CED partnerships and plans
- Match businesses with training and funding opportunities
- Identify local need that can be better filled by creating co-ops
- Target awareness raising activities delivered in partnership with local organisations
More reasons to work with us
The impact we can have by partnership working is best told by the individuals, organisations and communities who have benefited from our co-op development work. Stories of positive impact told by members include:
- A community gym in Bristol and a skate park in Manchester;
- Inspiring words from those in Plymouth and Leicester tackling inequality and deprivation;
- Tales from member-owners of a distillery in the Scottish Highlands or those
- Creating opportunities in an area of Wigan once dubbed 'giro city'.
We deliver a range of co-op development programmes with ongoing opportunities to tap into your region, town or city's co-operative potential. Get in touch today.