We’re a network of thousands of businesses – a network that increases in size and influence with each new member. Our range of membership packages cater for the needs of all co‑operatives.
We exist to help co-operative businesses be the best they can be. We do this in lots and lots of ways.
- We promote co-ops by lobbying policy makers and raising awareness of co-operatives to the public through our campaigning activities.
- We develop co-ops by providing specialist advice to co-operative businesses, and securing funding to support the sector to grow and thrive.
- We unite co-ops by organising national events, local workshops and networking sessions so co-ops can connect, learn and do business together.
As a co-operative ourselves, we are owned by our members (who themselves are co-operatives or businesses that support co-operative principles).
- Join Co‑operatives UK for £115 plus VAT a year.
- Member‑only content and resources to help you run your co‑op.
- 20% discount on tailored advice and consultancy in governance, membership and HR.
- Exclusive access to member-only support including the contact package and HR Package.
- 30% discount on our conferences and training.
- Access to Co-op Connections networking events.
- Start or take part in member interest groups.
- Discounts and offers from other members and affinity partners.
- Exclusive option to use Holyoake House as a registered address (charges apply)
- As a member and co‑owner of Co‑operatives UK, you are able to help shape the future of Co-operatives UK.
- Publication of your events on www.uk.coop.
- Talk to the membership team to connect with other members and get sign‑posted to the support you need.
- Display our logo and Co-op Marque.
- As a member you automatically join the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA).
- For larger co‑ops or mutuals (turnover from £5m), membership starts at £1,100 plus VAT.
- Priority access to and discounts on advice and consultancy from our dedicated team of experts. Partner membership also includes our contact package of support.
- Talk to a dedicated account manager who will ensure you get the most out of membership.
- Take your place alongside the largest and most influential co‑ops and mutuals in the UK and help shape our strategy.
- Greater scope to participate in our lobbying, media work and play a direct role in our campaigning.
- Not a co‑operative or mutual? Looking to do business with our members or want to support our work to grow the co‑operative economy?
- We welcome anyone with an interest in the ideals of co‑operation.
- Membership fees for associates are £535 +VAT. Charities receive a 50% discount (£267.50 +VAT).
- Display our logo on your website and other marketing materials to demonstrate your commitment to the co‑op principles.
Expert advice packages of support
Our ‘add-on’ packages are exclusive to members of Co-operatives UK. provide an extra level of advice and support. Exclusive to our members giving you direct access to our team of advisers. Click on the dropdown menus to find out more.
Access support by phone, email or face-to-face advice from our experts in governance, membership, HR, law and finance – whenever you need it – for just £210 + VAT. Terms and conditions apply – find out more.
- A specialist HR service, catering for the needs of more than 100,000 employees.
- This membership add‑on provides advice and support on HR law, policy, rewards and benefits.
- Members taking up the HR package also benefit from significant savings on leading HR products, such as XpertHR.
- Join our HR Forum to connect with other co‑ops on the important issues of people and culture. Find out more.