This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (21)
- Governance (set up) (20)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (19)
- Fundraising (social investment) (19)
- Governance (legal options) (18)
- Business planning (17)
- Organisational development (start-up) (9)
- Organisational development (growth) (5)
- Converting to a co-op (3)
- Developing/managing assets (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Community led housing (1)
- Marketing / communications (including digital) (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark (8)
- (-) Fundraising (grant) (4)
- (-) Financial management and planning (3)
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £17m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Community Shares Scotland
Morven Lyon is the Programme Manager for Community Shares Scotland which is funded by the Scottish Government and National Lottery Community Fund to promote the use of community shares.
Sophie has over 10 years’ experience in the social enterprise sector as a volunteer, director and accredited SFEDI business advisor.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Community Shares Scotland
Toby Sandison is a Development Officer with Community Shares Scotland, which provides fully-funded support to any Scottish communities wishing to issue community shares.
Jeff Scales is the Head of Services for Locality in the North and Central regions and has worked in both the public and the voluntary/community sectors over the last 25 years.
Mark is an experienced community entrepreneur and advisor, specialising in enterprise working towards social and environmental change.
Jo has been providing support and training co-operative, community businesses and mutual organisations since 2000.
Hugh has 16 years’ experience of working with businesses and community groups on business plans, financial projections and funding applications.
Acorn Co-op Support and Co-op Culture
Andy is an experienced ecological community entrepreneur with a speciality in housing co‑ops, land trusts, community ownership and worker co‑ops that have an ecological or sustainability focus.