This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Governance (set up) (24)
- Organisational development (growth) (24)
- Organisational development (start-up) (24)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (21)
- Community shares (19)
- Fundraising (social investment) (19)
- Converting to a co-op (13)
- Fundraising (grant) (3)
- Human resources (3)
- Organisational development (diversification) (3)
- Community led housing (2)
- Developing/managing assets (2)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- Standards (health and safety, regulation) (1)
- (-) Governance (legal options) (22)
- (-) Business planning (20)
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark (8)
- (-) Financial management and planning (4)
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (2)
- (-) Organisational development (maturity) (2)
- Reset all
- (-) Community Shares
- (-) The Hive
- (-) Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- (-) West Midlands
- (-) Wales
- (-) Governance (legal options)
- (-) Business planning
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark
- (-) Financial management and planning
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis)
- (-) Organisational development (maturity)
Co-operative Futures Ltd
I have founded and worked in many place-based co-operatives and community businesses in Oxford and have firsthand experience of business and organisational development.
WORKERS.coop is a federation or worker co-ops. We motivate, educate and organise workers to help more people start and run really great worker co-ops.
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £17m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Co-operative College CIO
With over 100 years’ experience in co-operative education, the Co-operative College is considered by many to be to learning partner of choice for co-operators, educators, like-minded individuals, and…
As the voice of the UK’s co‑operative movement, we empower and support co‑operative enterprise with specialised knowledge and expertise, to grow the co‑operative economy and create a fairer…
Sandwell Council for Voluntary Organisations
Shamsher has worked with development agencies and has management experience at senior level in economic development, education and social services.
Paul works with Sporting Assets, a social enterprise that helps develop sustainable sports organisations, by helping them take ownership of facilities, develop new facilities, secure investment and…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Co-operative Futures is a business development consultancy specialising in co-operative, mutual and community led businesses.
Co-operatives and Mutual Solutions (CMS)
Dave has advised over 50 completed community share issues over the last 18 years raising £11 million of shares often topped up with other forms of finance.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
People Support Co-op Limited
Abbie is an experienced worker co-operator and founder member of People Support Co-op, providing practical HR and governance support and advice to co-ops and community businesses.