Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Engagement and consultation, including volunteering
Fundraising (social investment)
Governance (legal options)
Governance (set up)
Organisational development (growth)
Yorkshire and the Humber
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Mark has served as legal counsel, company secretary as well as a non executive director to many enterprises, helping with business planning and strategy, as well as governance and compliance issues.
- Public services
- Public Sector Spin-Outs and Mutuals
- Social Care
- Education and Children’s Services
- Leisure and Cultural
- Develop your Community Share Offer – working on your Business Plan and Offer Document
- Craft the right constitution and legal format to take forward your project – demystifying and explaining the legal structure and formalities
- Secure tax relief from HMRC
- Arrange listing of the Community Shares on a suitable crowdfunding platform to ease administration and processing of payments
- Apply for the Community Shares Standard Mark – an important hallmark to give investors confidence that the share offer has followed best practice
- Independent review and assessment of your community share offer to obtain the Standard Mark
- Maintain your share registers and ensure shareholder communications and meetings are legally compliant
- Ensure your organisation’s governance is following best practice and take care of compliance tasks.