This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Organisational development (start-up) (44)
- Organisational development (growth) (40)
- Governance (set up) (39)
- Community shares (36)
- Governance (legal options) (35)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (33)
- Fundraising (social investment) (33)
- Business planning (31)
- Converting to a co-op (27)
- Community shares Standard Mark (16)
- Fundraising (grant) (7)
- Financial management and planning (6)
- Developing/managing assets (4)
- Human resources (4)
- Organisational development (diversification) (4)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (3)
- Community led housing (2)
- Marketing / communications (including digital) (2)
- Organisational development (maturity) (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Standards (health and safety, regulation) (2)
- Tax including social investment tax relief (SITR) (1)
Wales Co-operative Centre
Wales Co-operative Centre
The Wales Co-operative Centre is the UK’s largest co-operative development agency, providing business support for social businesses and co-operatives, including growth and new start businesses; social…
Ekopia Resource Exchange Limited
Alex has been chair of Ekopia Ltd since its creation in 2001 and has direct experience of various community share issues.
Principle Six LLP
Support and advice on cooperative enterprise, developing and promoting cooperation in London and elsewhere.
Jo has been providing support and training co-operative, community businesses and mutual organisations since 2000.
Kate Whittle has been working in the social economy for over 20 years, both in the UK and in the Dominican Republic, where she worked as a volunteer with a federation of co-operatives in the Cibao
CASE and TH!NK FC
Ian is passionate about levelling the playing field. He’s an experienced co-operative and community business supporter who works through CASE and also TH!NK FC, a community business for sharing tools…
Acorn Co-op Support and Co-op Culture
Andy is an experienced ecological community entrepreneur with a speciality in housing co‑ops, land trusts, community ownership and worker co‑ops that have an ecological or sustainability focus.
The Midcounties Co-operative Ltd
Coventry and Warwickshire Co-operative Development Agency
Andy has over 30 years’ experience in the co-operative, mutual and social enterprise sectors as a manager, director and business coach.