This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (14)
- Fundraising (social investment) (12)
- Governance (set up) (12)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (11)
- Business planning (9)
- Community shares Standard Mark (5)
- Financial management and planning (3)
- Organisational development (growth) (2)
- Organisational development (start-up) (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Developing/managing assets (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- (-) Governance (legal options) (9)
- (-) Organisational development (diversification) (1)
Jo Bird has been a successful and practical co‑operator since 1993 when she co‑founded a housing co‑operative in Manchester.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Nathan has been delivering support and training to co‑operatives, community enterprises and trading charities since 1998.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Renewable energy activist, retired Chartered IT Practitioner and teacher.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Hugh has 16 years’ experience of working with businesses and community groups on business plans, financial projections and funding applications.