How to apply – Track 2
Track 2: Development grants
- Apply for a grant of up to £10,000 to support the development costs of your community share offer.
- Applications opened on 29 March 2021 and are still open for a short time – as of 18 May 2021.
- This is open to all groups that meet the criteria outlined above, including groups who have applied under Track 1 for Start‑up support.
- Community businesses will need to demonstrate that they are planning to launch a community share offer before the end of December 2021.
How to apply to Track 2
- Applicants will be asked to provide an item breakdown of their grant request and have the option to attach supporting documents, such as background information, community engagement plans and governing documents. Five community businesses will be awarded a grant of up to £10,000.
- Organisations participating in the pilot programme who have developed an share offer that is awarded the Standard Mark (the quality assurance mark for community share offers) may be eligible for equity investment from the Booster Programme, which is currently funded by Power to Change and the Architectural Heritage Fund.
- Track 2 participants are expected to engage with community shares licensed practitioners to undertake the Standard Mark assessment. The grant can help cover these costs, or this can be funded independently.
Apply to Track 2