The Hive application guidance – for support to convert to a co‑op
Application questions – what support you need
We offer a bespoke support package, which will include some or all of the following
- One-to-one direct advice: Delivered by experienced support providers
- Peer mentoring: Working with an existing co-op
- Bespoke skills training: Delivered to your group by experienced trainers. It will be helpful to indicate what kind of support you require and how these elements will help you to achieve your intended outcomes.
Please confirm which of the following support needs you require (you can tick more than one):
- Developing business plan, fundraising
- Governance arrangements, decision-making
- Identifying the most appropriate ownership model, legal structure
- Membership, engaging with new owners (employees, community)
- Testing viability, feasibility of a co-op model
- Other (please specify)
Briefly explain how this support will help you?
- Tell us how bespoke skills training will help you. This might involve skills training for your steering group or board around strategic planning, change management, governance, membership, communications, HR or finance etc.
- Tell us how peer mentoring support will help you.
- Are you looking to learn from an existing trading co-op in a similar sector, same type of business and/or ownership model?
- Are you looking to learn from their experience around their governance arrangements, member recruitment and engagement, strategic planning