Application questions – about your business
Organisation aims/brief description
Tell us about your business and how you currently trade.
- Briefly describe the business – aims and purpose.
- Tell us about your business.
Products, services & customers
- What are your products and services?
- Who are your customers and users? Are they individuals or businesses?
- Try to be specific e.g. numbers, demographics, where located
- What is your motivation for converting to a co-op? This could be due to retirement or succession? Are you looking to transfer ownership to the employees or your community?
- How have existing employees/proposed members been consulted? How will a co-op model of ownership add value to your business?
- Tell us about your business and how you currently trade.
Sustainability and growth.
What are your ambitions for the business?
If available, please attach a copy of your current business plan and / or strategic plan at the end of the form.
If available, please attach a copy of your most recent annual accounts at the end of the form.
What are your likely risks, challenges and barriers?
How are you organised?
What is the current business model and how is it organised?
Who is involved and what roles will they play in this process-i.e. vendor and employee committee etc.?
How have existing employees/proposed members been consulted?
Social and environmental impact
Tell us how your business idea/organisation supports, serves or benefits under-represented or hard to reach communities and demographics, e.g. Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic communities (BAME), or young people.
Tell us how you are creating or delivering social value and environmental impact (what issues, problems are users/beneficiaries facing and how are you solving these issues? How will you measure social impact?
Do you have an understanding of the co-operative values and principles?