Discover what co-operatives are doing to tackle the climate crisis and how people are working to save the planet by coming together to form co-ops.
About the webinar
One of a series of webinars brought to you by Co‑operatives UK in partnership with The Co‑operative Bank as part of The Hive programme which supports new and existing co‑ops.
Want to take action to help tackle the climate emergency? Working collaboratively in businesses and communities is a powerful way to do so. That’s where co‑ops come in – as a grassroots force for climate action.
Want to be inspired by examples of the collective action others are taking? Watch this webinar to hear from co‑ops with sustainable aims, including recycling materials, insulating homes and galvanising communities into using clean energy.
The webinar will also introduce the co‑op model and signpost you to resources and support for setting up a co-op to realise your environmental aims. This is for you if you’re an individual or organisation with an interest in forming a co‑op to tackle climate change – or an organisations currently doing so that would be interested in converting to a co‑op.
The inspiring speakers are:
- Éva Goudouneix, Community Development Manager at Repowering London (host)
- Jonathan Atkinson, co-founder, staff and board member of Carbon Co-op in Manchester
- Ben Moss, co-op secretary and board member of Bristol Wood Recycling Project
- Our Step by Step tool is a great free resource to help work your way through the steps of planning and starting a new co-op: www.uk.coop/start-new-co-op/start
- Are you planning to start a co-op? We can offer up to six days of tailored support with a co-op expert to help you get your co-op off the ground
- Discover the power of co-ops with our series of FREE webinars: www.uk.coop/discover
Co-operatives UK and The Co-operative Bank supporting fair and ethical business together.