Hear from our a panel of young people who have been involved in or founded a range of co‑ops. Discover how co‑ops can empower young people and provide opportunities to help them build successful, fulfilling lives.
People aged 18‑24 have been the most likely to lose work due to the Covid‑19 pandemic, according to recent studies. But there is a way to empower and create opportunity for the younger generation: co‑ops.
Whether it’s student housing co‑ops that break the cycle of high‑cost private rents and put tenants in control, or co‑op businesses that provide sustainable careers – co‑operatives offer fairer, ethical and more decent alternatives.
- Simin Wadiwala, founder member of Seasalt Housing Co‑operative and member of Young Co-operators Network
- Lucy King, InFact Digital Co-op
- Tamsin Scott, Bread & Roses (cafe and co-working space)
- Connie Finney, Out of Town Housing Co-op
- Our Step by Step tool is a great free resource to help work your way through the steps of planning and starting a new co-op: https://www.uk.coop/start-new-co-op/start
- Access up to 10 days of tailored business support by applying to The Hive – delivered by Co-operatives UK, in partnership with The Co-operative Bank: https://www.uk.coop/start-new-co-op/start/support
- Discover the power of co-ops with our series of FREE webinars: https://www.uk.coop/thehive