Co-operatives UK is proud to announce the nine teams that are taking part in the latest UnFound Accelerator.
The 2022 UnFound Accelerator programme is now underway, supporting the creation of yet more fair, ethical and co‑operatively owned tech platforms.
This year, there are nine teams taking part in the 10‑week programme. The Accelerator is supporting them to develop their platform businesses as co‑ops – and to develop their products, business planning, strategy, branding and marketing.
The Accelerator is delivered by Co‑operatives UK and supported by The Co‑operative Bank.
Ludovica Rogers, Interim Head of Co‑operative Business Development at Co‑operatives UK, says:
The nine UnFound Accelerator teams
Here’s an initial introduction to the nine teams. We’ll be speaking to each team in more depth over the course of the 10‑week programme. If you have any questions for the teams, please email [email protected]
- City Pay is a community‑owned digital wallet and engagement platform designed to create pro‑social and pro‑environmental social norms.
- Circiety is a community‑owned platform that aims to promote resource circularity and reduce resource waste.
- Co-curate! is a collaborative platform enabling young art historians to co‑curate small virtual exhibitions to engage communities not traditionally visiting historic art galleries.
- Kocoon wants to equip young people with knowledge, skills and resources to better understand, manage and improve their wellbeing through improved access to academics, charities and services. Instagram | LinkedIn
- Kuniru connects human growth and development professionals, enabling them to design and facilitate transformational digital journeys with sustainable outcomes. Website | Twitter | Instagram
- The Learning Co‑op provides highly accessible, anti‑capitalist education across a wide range of subjects aimed at students interested in using education as a precursor to sweeping systemic change.
- The Platform DAO is an NFT (Non-Fungible Token) marketplace through which stories from the edges of culture can be heard, preserved and sustained. Twitter
- RIMA is a platform that has the aim to empower emerging creative practitioners from the global South by connecting them with international opportunities for funding and mobility. Website
- Integrative Therapy Collective is a platform for therapists working together to provide accessible therapeutic services in the digital economy of sustainable private practice. Website | LinkedIn
Live pitch event in July
The teams will be working towards a live online pitch event to be held on Thursday 7 July, 5-6pm. The top three teams who impress the voting audience with their pitches will win a share of a £10,000 prize funded by The Co‑operative Bank.
Rose Marley, CEO of Co‑operatives UK and Catherine Douglas, Managing Director, SME at The Co‑operative Bank will announce the winners. Sign up here to take part in the event and vote for your favourite pitch.
To learn more about platform co‑ops and future opportunities, please sign up for the UnFound newsletter.
We’ll be posting regular updates about this year’s UnFound Accelerator and the individual teams via the UnFound webpages.
Good luck to the nine teams!