We're inviting funders, investors and partners to come together to learn more about community shares at this free online roundtable.
Increasingly communities have not waited for change, they've been 'doing it for themselves', seizing the initiative to raise over £200 million though community shares in the last decade.
This exciting form of raising community finance and building a democratic membership is reaching new communities and new business models.
The Community Shares Unit, led by Co-operatives UK and funded by Power to Change, has overseen this quiet revolution.
But how do we help even more communities use this powerful tool? How can the UK's funders, foundations and other stakeholders enable communities to raise the next £200m?
About the event
At this event we'll discuss:
- The unique role community shares can play in helping communities realise their ambitions
- What we’ve learnt over the last decade, including through investing through the Booster Fund
- How you can get involved with community shares
Format and speakers
You'll hear from a mixture of speakers talking about their experience of community shares, including why they have used it or supported it to further their organisation's aims:
- Rose Marley, CEO, Co-operatives UK
- Tim Davies-Pugh, Chief Executive, Power to Change
- Music Venues Properties, discussing their recent Own our Venues share offer that raised £2.3m
- Friends of Stretford Public Hall, now on to their second share offer as they continue to invest in this iconic building
There will also be time for discussion and questions.