Holne Community Shop and Tearoom
Directory of Co-operatives
A community owned shop and tearoom - run and staffed by volunteers
Open Daily: 11am - 5pm - Light Lunches & Devon Cream Teas served from 12.00pm
We serve soup, sandwiches (plain or toasted) jacket potatoes, pasties, ploughmans, cakes and cream teas. All baked here and the cream is from the farm down the road - believed to be the best in Devon. Everything is freshly prepared while you wait, so if you are bringing a party of twenty walkers, advance notice on 01364 631188 will help us to call up the reserve volunteer and serve you faster!
And for those of you staying in the area, our shop has a full range of groceries, with plenty of local produce, and household basics.
Get Involved with the Community:
The Holne Community Shop and Tearoom is now open thanks to the commitment of a growing team of volunteers.
Our vision is to purchase the premises to ensure that it belongs to the community into the future - at present, we only have an occupancy lease until next spring!
• A vital meeting place for old and young alike
• A “not for private profit” enterprise run for the community by the community
• A buzzing daily hub of village life
• A shop and meeting place that provides the goods and services YOU want, when you need them, at a price YOU can afford
• A lifeline for members of the community without their own transport
• An outlet and showcase for local producers, services and events
• Keeping money and skills working locally
• A new heart for our community spirit
• An Information Point for tourists, visitors and locals
• Profits to re-invest for the benefit of the whole community
• Proof that a small remote community can do sustainable development for itself!