We've compiled a list of webpages and digital resources that might be useful. Please note the links below are not monitored by Co-operatives UK on a daily basis, and we are not responsible for external content.
General / Health
- The NHS has issued advice to the public on how to avoid the spread of infections such as coronavirus, together with symptoms to look out for and advice to people who have travelled to affected areas
- XpertHR has developed information for employers on infectious diseases, including a number of frequently asked questions relating to how employers should protect their business and workforce from the coronavirus
- Acas has published advice for employers and employees on handling coronavirus at work
- There is further guidance and information posters on the World Health Organisation website
- Gov.uk business support eligibility tool
- Business Support
- Guidance for businesses – Government business support helpline
- CBIL – Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan
- Companies House update – access to premises for filing docs
- ONS statistics on the impact of COVID-19 on the UK economy
- COVID-19 dashboard – updated daily, it shows the number of cases and deaths in the UK, broken down by region and local authority area
Co-operatives UK advice
- Coronavirus Support
- CUK COVID19 – HR Advice
- CUK COVID19 – Governance advice (including AGM guidance)
- CUK COVID19 – Government support for business (loans and grants)
- Template staff furloughing letter
- Holding a successful online AGM
- Helping employees transition from a furlough period to returning to work – an editable template
Co-operatives / Mutuals / Societies
- Financial Conduct Authority
- Plunkett Foundation Support
- Power To Change – Contingency support
- Social Enterprise UK – Support and resources
- Open Credit Network – Get credit and trade with other co-ops
- Open Food Network – Convert your food outlet to online
- The Community Business-COVID 19 Mutual Aid network run by and for UK community-led businesses.
Small Businesses Sector / Finance
- Federation of Small Businesses FSB Advice – More coming soon for Co-ops, CBS, Mutuals
- Cyber fraud training and tips from The Co-operative Bank
- Small Business
- Good Finance – Social investors respond to COVID-19
- School for Social Entrepreneurs – How to support clients and beneficiaries, business planning and communications planning.
- Business Growth Hub (Manchester) – Coronavirus business support webinar series
- Toolkit – Business continuity and contingency plans best practice toolkit.
- How to apply for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)
Accountants (book keeping, payroll and PAYE, cashflow analysis / support, auditors)
- Acorn Co-operative Support
- Alanbrookes have created an 8 page COVID19 guide
- Beyond Profit
- Catalyst Collective
- Co-operative Assistance Network
- NW Housing
- Third Sector Accountancy
- Somerset Co-operative Services
Legal / Insurance
- The Chartered Governance Institute – AGM guide
- Anthony Collins – Contracts and the Coronavirus – Force Majeure
- Anthony Collins briefing – Includes governance, HR, contracts, execution of docs
- Bates Wells – Coronavirus support and information
- Bates Wells – Governance and Solvency: A Coronavirus Guide for Public Service Mutuals and Co-ops
- Wrigleys Solicitors have sector specific legal advice
Social Enterprises / Charities
- NCVO – Your organisation and coronavirus
- Charity Trustee Meetings – A Coronavirus Guide
- Civil Society – What funding is available to charities during Coronavirus
- School for Social Entrepreneurs – Advice for social enterprises continuing to support clients and beneficiaries, business planning and communications planning.
- The Charity Finance Group – Guide for charity finance professionals
Grants and Applications Interruptions
- Arts Council – will also provide funding to freelancers in the creative sector
- Covid-19 Mutual Aid UK
- Bath Co-op Alliance – Community support
- Co-operation Birmingham – COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- The Co-op’s Co-operate – Provides ideas to support communities.
- Major Projects Knowledge Hub
- Open Data Manchester – Tools to help people work and collaborate remotely
- National Survivor User Network – Useful tips on how to set up What’s app, skype, slack etc.
- Trello – Guide on how to embrace remote working
- Remo – Tools for working remotely
- Online Meeting Resources Toolkit for Facilitators
- CAST – Practical guide to remote meetings
- Coronavirus Tech Handbook – Resource set up by Newspeak House (@nwspk)
- DevicesDotNow – Getting the most vulnerable online during the COVID-19 crisis (Supported by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport)
Have we missed anything?
The UK and devolved governments have introduced measures to help businesses cope with the disruption caused by Covid‑19, including grants, tax reliefs and credit facilities.
How do we treat parents who can't work due to school issues? How does the Job Support Scheme work? And what about sick pay? Read our Covid-19 HR Frequently Asked Questions.
Coronavirus is impacting on how Co‑operatives UK members can effectively govern their businesses. This guidance page has been developed to give some general governance advice in relation to the…
The Covid‑19 pandemic has placed extraordinary pressure on co‑op enterprise. That pressure has varied from industry to industry, from business to business. We’ve been working incredibly hard to…