Co‑operatives UK has announced today the theme for this year’s Co‑op Fortnight, which will take place from 21 June to 4 July.
This Co‑op Fortnight (21 June‑4 July 2021) we are calling for everyone to #JoinACoop. How will your co‑op get involved?
Co‑op Fortnight is our annual campaign that sees hundreds of co‑operatives and organisations across the UK working together to promote co‑ops.
The Covid‑19 pandemic has made us all rethink how we do things – as a society, as businesses, organisations and individuals. And now, more than ever, it’s evident that co‑ops offer so much to people, communities, the economy, society and the UK as a whole. We need to get that message out loud and clear this Co‑op Fortnight!
How your co‑op can get involved
We’re asking co‑ops to start planning how they can get involved and spread the message. And we have plenty of ideas to help:
- Launch a membership recruitment campaign.
- Hold events and activities to engage and thank your members.
- Celebrate your members by telling their stories on social media.
- Let the world know how your members responded to Covid‑19,
- Write a blog telling the world why you are a member of a co‑op.
- Use the hashtag #JoinACoop to inspire people throughout the country to join a co‑op.
Make sure you tell us your plans so we can promote your activities before and during Co‑op Fortnight!
Use our Co‑op Fortnight resources
Whether you want recruit new members or encourage member engagement, we have creative resources to help you get the message out there.
You can download our campaign pack with poster artwork, logos, a welcome guide to new members and key messages. Coming soon we’ll also have a template press release, customisable social media graphics and campaign video for you to use too.