Join John Atherton from Co‑operatives UK for this webinar on Thursday 31 March from 11am-12pm.
About the webinar
This webinar will introduce the key concepts surrounding membership.
An opportunity to learn how to onboard new and engage existing members in the activities of your co-operative and community benefit society.
- This webinar will take place online for 1 hour
- A presentation will be delivered followed by Q&A
How much does it cost?
- This webinar is FREE for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £10 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will learn
- Membership engagement theory and influencing behaviour
- Tools and techniques to onboard new members
- Opportunity to reflect and develop thinking around the membership proposition and delivering value to members.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is active in a membership engagement role
- Particularly aimed at new organisations or people new to the membership role.
About the trainer
John has been supporting co-ops and community businesses for over 15 years, with his first job in Rochdale of all places! Now focusing on membership, strategy and his passion for worker co-ops, he has been a director of a law centre, a community transport operation and Co-operative and Community Finance.
As part of the management team at Co-operatives UK, he leads our membership and events team. He believes our mission is to unite members, helping them to connect, learn and inspire each other. In his spare time, John was a founder member and still supports the Worker Co-op Solidarity Fund – and you may find him running in the fells above Rochdale, where he still lives.
Recording the webinar
This webinar will be recorded and shared with participants afterwards. It will also be hosted on the Co-operatives UK website, accessible to Co-operatives UK members only. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.