Join John Atherton from Co‑operatives UK for this online training on Thursday 13 October from 10am - 12.30pm.
About the training
This training gives an overview of core membership concepts providing a theoretical underpinning to develop your own membership engagement thinking and delivery. We will cover areas such as motivation, influencing behaviour, ladders of participation.
We will also introduce and practice the use of some of the tools used to understand members, map out and improve their journey with your organisation. Throughout there will be opportunities to ask questions and share best practice between participants.
- This training course will take place online for 2.5 hours
- A presentation will be delivered, followed by a Q&A session.
- A break will be incorporated within the training course
How much does it cost?
- £45 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £65 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will learn
- Core membership concepts and theory on influencing behaviour and increasing engagement.
- Tools and techniques to understand members and what motivates them
- Tools and techniques for understanding the different membership journey's and how to remove barriers and improve experiences.
- Opportunity to reflect and develop thinking around the membership proposition and delivering value to members.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is active in a membership engagement role.
- Particularly aimed at new organisations or people new to the membership role.
About the trainer
John has been supporting co-ops and community businesses for over 15 years, with his first job in Rochdale of all places! Now focusing on membership, strategy and his passion for worker co-ops, he has been a director of a law centre, a community transport operation and Co-operative and Community Finance.
As part of the management team at Co-operatives UK, he leads our membership and events team. He believes our mission is to unite members, helping them to connect, learn and inspire each other. In his spare time, John was a founder member and still supports the Worker Co-op Solidarity Fund – and you may find him running in the fells above Rochdale, where he still lives.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.