Join Kate Fielding and Gary Morrison from Co‑operatives UK for this online training on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 October from 9.30am-1pm (both days).
About the training
This practical session will give you a general understanding of HR and employment law.
By the end of the session you will understand the key rights and responsibilities associated with employing people and what you need to do to ensure that your co-op is compliant with these, from recruitment all the way through to the end of the employment relationship.
Important for consumer and worker co-ops alike, this session is ideal for those just starting out on their HR careers or those with little or no experience of HR who may find themselves responsible for managing HR within their organisation.
- This training will be hosted online for 3.5 hours on both 4 and 5 October. Attendees will need to attend both days.
- A mix of presentation, Q&A and breakout sessions.
- Refreshment breaks will be incorporated.
How much does it cost?
- £120 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK
- £170 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will learn
By the end of this session you will know:
- How to ensure a fair recruitment process.
- The minimum requirements for contracts of employment and essential policies and procedures.
- What you need to consider when managing employees with regard to their pay, when they take time off and when disciplinary or grievance matters arise.
- What the employer’s obligations are when the employment relationship ends.
Who should attend
- People just starting an HR career.
- Co-ops that are just starting to employ people.
- individuals with little or no HR experience who may be expected to manage HR as part of their role.
About the trainers
Gary has a wealth of experience in the field of employment law, having previously worked as an ACAS officer and for the Employment Tribunals before qualifying as a solicitor at DWF solicitors. Gary has worked as a solicitor with the Co-operative Group and many independent co-operatives as part of the Co-operative Employers Association and is a very experienced Employment Tribunal advocate and his knowledge and experience extend to all aspects of employment law including complex areas such as TUPE and discrimination.
Kate is an experienced HR professional with almost 15 years' experience in HR policy, reward and employee relations in co-operatives. A chartered member of the CIPD specialising in all things policy, Kate is well placed to provide expert advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the employment journey.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.