Join Andrew Woodcock from Co-op Culture and Acorn Co-op Support for this online training on 28 and 29 September from 10.30am-2.30pm (both days).
About the training
This session will explore how to write a business plan.
It will break down and walk participants through a step by step process between having a business idea and a completed business plan. This will include, checking your business idea and creating a marketing plan, working out how much it will cost to enact your idea, financing that cost, deciding on the best legal structure and governance model for your business and creating detailed financial projections.
As well as the detailed specifics for each step the workshop will also provide general guidance on how best to pitch your business plan.
- This training will be hosted online for 4 hours on both 28 and 29 September. Attendees will need to attend both days.
- A mix of presentation, Q&A and breakout sessions.
- Refreshment breaks will be incorporated.
How much does it cost?
- £90 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK
- £130 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What you will learn
How to write a business plan.
What should go in a business plan.
How is a business plan best structured to tell a coherent story.
What is the story of a business plan.
Who should attend
- Anyone who is either trying to start a new co-op, grow their existing co-op, needs to raise finance or is looking for a new strategic direction for their co-op
- Any co-op development worker or member of infrastructure bodies that support people writing business plans.
About the trainer
Andrew Woodcock is from Co-op Culture and Acorn Co-op Support. Andy is an experienced trainer with excellent communication skills. They have great knowledge of participatory techniques and has lived and worked in co-ops for the last 20 years.
Andy co-manages a £750,000 co-op loan fund, as well as a co-operative investment fund of almost £1million. They have helped various co-ops raise over £5m of capital as well as being treasurer to many co-ops. Andy also prepares co-ops accounts.
Andy co-produced the Introduction to Financial Literacy workshop which has now trained over 500 people in better understanding their co-op's accounts.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.