Join Dane Pollard from Co‑operatives UK for this online training on Thursday 18 May from 10am‑12.30pm.
About the training
Co-op secretaries are key members of the management executive team.
The most effective secretaries will be trusted advisors to the board. They will deliver essential services to ensure the well-being of their co-op. This applies to the legal operation, administration as well as compliance with corporate governance best practice.
In this training, learn the essentials a successful co-operative secretary needs. From the legal and governance knowledge required, to the 'softer' skills needed to support and build relationships with the board of directors.
- This training course will take place online for 2.5 hours
- A presentation will be delivered, followed by a Q&A session.
- A break will be incorporated within the training course
How much does it cost?
- £60 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £85 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will learn
Learn the skills and qualities required for a co-op secretary – and how a secretary can carry out their role effectively. This includes:
- The legal duties and responsibilities of a secretary.
- The practical application of these duties.
- Statutory reporting and paperwork requirements.
- Understanding best practice for co-op secretaries.
Who should attend
- Those new to the co-op secretary role as it deals with the main legal and best practice responsibilities associated with the role.
- Existing secretaries wanting a refresher and an update on any key changes.
About the trainer
Dane works in our Advice team and is the first point of contact for all governance and legal enquiries. Dane specialises in providing advice and guidance to new start co-operatives and mutuals looking to incorporate and supports all types of co-ops with their governance arrangements, processes and policies.
Dane also acts as account manager to members that have set up in the last two years and provides guidance to them on all aspects of their governance calendar. He has many years of experience dealing with customers in the retail sector as well as clients in the corporate world.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.