Join Kate Fielding and Gary Morrison from Co‑operatives UK for this online training on Thursday 21 October from 10am‑1pm.
About the training
Employee absence has a huge impact on organisations, large and small, and it's important for organisations to manage that absence effectively and appropriately.
This course will help you to understand the importance of managing absence, will give you a solid, practical grounding in how to go about doing that, and will look at the steps you need to take to ensure that you are complying with employment law at all times.
- This training course will take place online for 3 hours.
- A presentation will be delivered, alongside group work and the opportunity to ask questions throughout.
- Breaks will be incorporated within the training course.
How much does it cost?
- £45 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £65 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will learn
- The difference between short and long term absence.
- Why it's important to manage absence.
- How to manage short term sickness absence.
- How to manage long term sickness absence.
- An introduction to disability discrimination and reasonable adjustments.
- Things to consider before you decide to dismiss.
Who should attend
Anyone who gets involved with HR in their co-op - particularly anyone who is fairly new to HR
About the trainers
Gary has a wealth of experience in the field of employment law, having previously worked as an ACAS officer and for the Employment Tribunals before qualifying as a solicitor at DWF solicitors. Gary has worked as a solicitor with the Co-operative Group and many independent co-operatives as part of the Co-operative Employers Association and is a very experienced Employment Tribunal advocate and his knowledge and experience extend to all aspects of employment law including complex areas such as TUPE and discrimination.
Kate is an experienced HR professional with almost 15 years' experience in HR policy, reward and employee relations in co-operatives. A chartered member of the CIPD specialising in all things policy, Kate is well placed to provide expert advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the employment journey.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.