About the event
2023 is set to be a critical year as Scottish Government undertakes a major review of how to support co-operative growth and introduces a Community Wealth Building Bill.
This event will bring together representatives from the Scottish co-operative sector to discuss these opportunities and the potential of co-operatives in Scotland.
This is an in-person event taking place from 1pm to 4.30pm on Wednesday 19 April. There will be keynote speeches, panel discussions and breakout table discussions.
- 1pm - 2pm - Networking buffet lunch
- 2pm -2.30pm - Welcome from John Brodie, CEO of Scotmid Co-operative and scene setting from Scottish Government, including Minister for Community Wealth (Tom Arthur MSP) via video
- 2.30pm - 3.15pm - Breakout discussions on tables
- 3.15pm - 3.30pm - Refreshment break
- 3.30pm -4.30pm - Plenary panel discussion with Paul Sweeney MSP (Convenor of the Cross-Party Group on Co-operatives), Dr Juliette Summers (Stirling University), Louise Scott (Media Co-op) and Neil McInroy (Scottish Government)
How much does it cost?
This event is free to attend but places are limited so please book as soon as possible. Please note that members of Co-operatives UK will be prioritised over non-members.
Who should attend
Members and employees of Scottish co-operatives and others working to support the co-operative sector in Scotland.