The Scottish Policy Summit will take place from 1-4.30pm on Wednesday 19 April at Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh.
About the event
2023 is set to be a critical year as Scottish Government undertakes a major review of how to support co-operative growth and introduces a Community Wealth Building Bill.
This event will bring together the Minister for Community Wealth Building, Tom Arthur MSP and representatives from the Scottish co-operative sector, to discuss these opportunities and the potential of co-operatives in Scotland.
This is an in-person event taking place from 1-4.30pm on Wednesday 19 April. There will be keynote speeches, panel discussions and breakout table discussions.
The proposed agenda is below. Please note the agenda is subject to change:
- 1-2pm: Networking buffet lunch
- 2-2.30pm: Welcome from John Brodie, CEO of Scotmid Co-operative and keynote speech from Tom Arthur MSP, Minister for Community Wealth Building
- 2.30-3.15pm: Breakout discussions on tables
- 3.15-3.30pm: Refreshment break
- 3.30-4.30pm: Plenary panel discussion – what can Scottish Government do to unleash the potential of co-operatives in Scotland?
How much does it cost?
This event is free to attend but places are limited so please book as soon as possible. Please note that members of Co-operatives UK will be prioritised over non-members.
Who should attend
Members and employees of Scottish co-operatives and others working to support the co-operative sector in Scotland.