Join us for our annual Community Shares Practitioner meet-up in Hebden Bridge on the 30th June 2023. This will be followed by the International Day of Co-operatives festival on Saturday 1st July.
10.30am - Arrival and introductions
11am - Structured workshops on community shares and ownership
- Unchartered territory: rising interest rates, cost of living crises, how do we address these challenges?
- Scale of the market: how do we maintain best practice as the share offers become more popular and widely adopted?
1pm - Lunch (provided by Community Shares Unit) and networking
2pm - Study visits and talks from local societies who have run community share offers:
- Calder Valley Community Land Trust
- Heptonstall community shop and post office
- Equal Care Co-op
- The Fox and Goose community pub
- Aim to finish up by 5pm -
Evening entertainment (for those who wish to stay)
Dinner and potentially a gig at the Trades Club
Some of us will be staying overnight for to celebrate the International Day of Co-operatives on Saturday. This will include a visit to the graves of co-op pioneers and a festival in Heptonstall.
The Town Hall
St. George's Street
This event is free to attend.
Parking is limited in Hebden Bridge so please come by public transport if possible. There is a carpark next to the Town Hall but can be full quite early on in the day.
There are plenty B&Bs and accommodation in Hebden Bridge. The Hebden Bridge Hostel has private and shared rooms and is more affordable.