Join Andrew Woodcock from Co-op Culture and Acorn Co-op Support for this online training on 18 and 19 October from 9.30am-1.30pm (both days).
About the training
This advanced-level workshop is a must-attend for board directors, management committee members and members involved in overseeing their co-op.
It aims to demystify accountancy and help delegates interpret their co-op's management accounts and use that financial information to make informed business decisions.
Please note: This course is suitable for all legal forms. It is not an accountancy course based on what the law says; it's about understanding what accounts mean and how to understand them.
- This training will be hosted online for 4 hours on both 18 and 19 October. Attendees will need to attend both days.
- A mix of presentation, Q&A and breakout sessions.
- Refreshment breaks will be incorporated.
How much does it cost?
- £120 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK
- £170 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What you will learn
- Concepts of accounting.
- Importance of management accounts for making financial decisions.
- How to interpret management accounts.
- How to forecast cashflow and interpret cashflow statements.
- How to create an income statement, profit and loss sheet, and balance sheet.
- Financial performance indicators and what can we learn from them.
- Gearing ratios and what we can learn from them.
- How share capital relates to this accounting framework.
Who should attend
The course for anyone running co-operative organisations who need to understand and make decisions based on financial accounts. For example:
- Members of a board of directors
- Members of a management committee
- Members involved in overseeing the business
About the trainer
Andrew Woodcock is from Co-op Culture and Acorn Co-op Support. Andy is an experienced trainer with excellent communication skills. They have great knowledge of participatory techniques and has lived and worked in co-ops for the last 20 years.
Andy co-manages a £750,000 co-op loan fund, as well as a co-operative investment fund of almost £1million. They have helped various co-ops raise over £5m of capital as well as being treasurer to many co-ops. Andy also prepares co-ops accounts.
Andy co-produced the Introduction to Financial Literacy workshop which has now trained over 500 people in better understanding their co-op's accounts.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.