Training: Essential co-op director
Join Dane Pollard from Co‑operatives UK for this online training on Thursday 20 April from 10am‑12.30pm.
About the training
Who can be on a co-operative’s board of directors? What are their legal responsibilities?
This training covers these issues and all other essentials required to be an effective member of the Board of a co-op. Join us for both a theory-led and practical session delivered by experienced professional trainers.
This training provides all the essentials a successful co-operative director needs. The session will focus on the legal and governance knowledge required, as well as the 'softer' skills needed to support and build relationships.
- This training course will take place online for 2.5 hours
- A presentation will be delivered, followed by a Q&A session.
- A break will be incorporated within the training course
How much does it cost?
- £60 + VAT for members of Co-operatives UK.
- £85 + VAT for non-members. Co-operatives UK members receive 30% off all paid events – plus LOTS more benefits. Learn about Co-operatives UK membership.
What attendees will learn
- The legal duties, roles and responsibilities of a director and the practical application of these duties in relation to your role.
- How to be an effective director and what attributes and skills a ‘perfect director’ would have in a co-op.
- What the role of the board is and the directors place within it and in relation to the members and the employees.
- What makes an effective board and how you can contribute towards a high performing board.
Who should attend
- If you have recently been appointed to the Board of a co-op.
- You are thinking about becoming a director.
- You want a refresher – even for more experienced directors.
About the trainer
Dane works in our Advice team and is the first point of contact for all governance and legal enquiries. Dane specialises in providing advice and guidance to new start co-operatives and mutuals looking to incorporate and supports all types of co-ops with their governance arrangements, processes and policies.
Dane also acts as account manager to members that have set up in the last two years and provides guidance to them on all aspects of their governance calendar. He has many years of experience dealing with customers in the retail sector as well as clients in the corporate world.
Recording the training
This training course will be recorded and shared with training participants afterwards. The recording will be available for one month after the training date. If you are unable to attend on the stated date, you can still book on to receive the recording link.