You are here
Benefits of membership
Becoming a member means you get access to all you need to: help you grow, give you a greater voice, strengthen your connections and enhance your performance.
Innovation and growth
- Legal Surgery 2 hours free legal advice on any matter affecting your business.
- Constitutional & Governance Advice So you can be confident you have the right governance in place for your organisation.
- Constitutional & Governance Training From the basics right through to tailored training for your organisation.
- Codes of Governance are available for consumer retail members and worker co-operatives.
- Key Policy Updates Stay informed with the latest changes in legislation and policy affecting your business.
- Co-operative Business Development Panel Co-operative energy and community shares are two growth areas that have come out of our specialist new business panel.
- Co-operatives Fortnight We co-ordinate activities, provide tools and promote co-operatives to public & decision-makers alike.
- Campaigns Working with our members bringing together all those with a passion and interest in co-operative action.
- Influencing Policy Lobbying government, to ensure your interests have a place in government policy.
- Communications Helping members promote themselves to their customers, the media and wider public.
- Publications From think pieces to practical tools our range of publications are free of charge to members.
- Practitiners Forum an event for practitioners to develop their professional skills and network.
- National Retail Consumer Conference an opportunity for officers and directors to network with their counterparts across the sector.
- Sectional Councils enable our retail consumer members, on a regional basis, to share ideas and collaborate.
- Co-operative Congress is a must attend event for all those with a passion for co-operative action, providing networking opportunities and space to learn, share and be inspired.
- Regional Co-operative Councils provide a key networking, influencing and promoting role for co-operative businesses at a regional level.
- Co-operatives UK Forum Provide a regular opportunity for our Federal members to share good practice, collaborate and influence.
- Member to member offers From discounts with the Phone Co-op, tailored insurance packages and banking services.
- UK Co-operative Economy Based on data submitted by members, our annual state of the sector report attracted record media coverage for the sector from the Financial Times to Radio 4.
- Information Exchange is an exclusive service for our retail consumer members, to benchmark weekly food sales and help improve performance.
- Co-operative Performance Committee helps members to improve their financial performance and ensures co-operatives are on an equal footing, on issues relating to international accounting standards.
- Co-operative Performance Monitor is a specialist benchmarking tool for retail consumer members, providing essential information for enhancing performance.