This event is organised by the Calderdale Co-operative Association
The 150th anniversary of the founding of one of Britain's most successful early co-operative manufacturing businesses will be celebrated with a Co-op Fortnight lecture and a webinar.
Events, themed around worker democracy, are organised by Calderdale Co-operative Association, a federation of co-operatives trading in the borough of Calderdale and local supporters of co-operative business.
- July 3, 19:30 - 21:00 - #CoopFortnight Lecture with Andrew Bibby
- July 4, 10:00 - 12:00 - Webinar (Registration Link)
Speakers will address the economic aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis and the role of worker democracy and the public good.
- John McDonnell - Member of the Labour Party. Former Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer from 2015 to 2020.
- Molly Scott Cato - Former Green MEP, activist and green economist.
- Diana Dovgan - Secretary General of CECOP - the European confederation of industrial and service co-operatives.
- Alice Martin - Former head of Work and Pay at the New Economics Foundation.