Speakers include Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell MP at a discussion on radical alternatives to austerity.
Keynote speakers and workshop leaders: Ed Mayo (Secretary General, Co-operatives UK), Iain Macdonald (former Director General ICA), Cheryl Barrott (Vice Chair, Co-operative Party), Josef Davies-Coates, Frances Coppola, Cliff Mills (Anthony Collins), Jenny Carlyle (SUMA), Syed Maqsood (NWHS), Dr Paul Redgrave (Co-Housing, Leeds), Jo Bird, Bob Cannell and many more.
PLUS: Eve of Conference Supper: An Evening with Angela Rayner MP, Shadow Education Secretary - 6.30pm Thursday January 19th Central Hall
Debates, Workshops, Case Studies
This annual conference, organised by Co-operative Business Consultants, aims to discuss and debate co-operative and radical alternatives to austerity and capitalism and help shape our shared vision of a prosperous, caring society based on a democratic economy.
- Global alternatives to global capitalism
- Hierarchies and salary differentials: The enemies of co-operation?
- Local assistance for co-operative development
- Building with platform co-ops
- Edinburgh Student Housing Co-op: Green Shoots
- A co-operative blueprint for elderly health and social care
- Community finance for co-op development
- Rojava: War zone co-operative economies
- Democratisation at the Co-op Group
Who should attend? Co-operators, trade unionists and activists from anti-austerity parties and social enterprises for shaping new progressive policies to combat the austerity agenda and create a society in which all can prosper.
- Conference £45 (lunch and refreshments included)*
- Eve of Conference Supper £14.00 (buffet supper included, limited places)
- Full package discount: Thursday evening and Friday sessions: £55 (inclusive of meals, advance payment required)*
*Late Booking Fee (chargeable after January 11): £15
Sponsored by: North West Housing Services, Anthony Collins Solicitors, Co-operative & Community Finance, The Midcounties Co-operative, The Co-operative College, The Phone Co-op and Co-operative Business Consultants
For more details contact Phil 07901 338700 or email [email protected]