Read more about our Essential Co-operative HR training below. It takes place in Manchester on 3 April 2019, between 10am and 4.30pm.
About the training
This is a practical workshop aimed at highlighting the key areas of HR and employment law, helping delegates to understand the rights and responsibilities which apply throughout the employment relationship, from initial recruitment through to termination.
"Very well thought out course – a great basis of knowledge" Martha Kitchen, Lincolnshire Co-op
- Terms & Conditions
- Basic policies and procedures
- Pay & Performance
- Leave & Absence
- Discipline & Grievance
- Fair Dismissal
- Resignation & Retirement
- Notice Requirements
- How to ensure a fair recruitment process
- The minimum requirements for contracts of employment and essential policies and procedures
- What you need to consider when managing employees with regard to their pay and performance, when they take time off and when disciplinary or grievance matters arise
- What the employer’s obligations are when the employment relationship ends
"An engaging whistle stop tour of all HR related matters" Kieran Smalley, Lincolnshire Co-op
Who should attend
The course is aimed at people with little or no experience of HR, who may find themselves responsible for managing day to day HR and employment law issues in their organisation.
About the trainers
Gary Morrison is a Senior Lawyer for Co-operatives UK. He is a practising solicitor with an extensive knowledge of employment law and he has been advising co-operative employers for over ten years. Kate Fielding is Co-operatives UK HR Reward and Policy Manager. With over 10 years experience in HR Policy, Kate is a chartered member of the CIPD specialising in all things policy, Kate is well placed to provide expert advice, guidance and support on all aspects of the employment journey. Gary and Kate will run the course together, using practical case studies and techniques to give you confidence in this field.