Co-operative College is holding its inaugural Train the Trainer session on Tuesday November 14 and would love it if you joined them. The event will run from 9am to 5pm.
Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone who trains others to help broaden their skills, knowledge and behaviour. You do not have to be a ‘trainer’ or ‘teacher’ to attend, just interested in helping others develop.
What will I learn?
This workshop will give you the essential skills, knowledge and understanding of a trainer’s role, from planning and preparation to teaching methods and training resources to getting feedback and record keeping.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Define learning and describe how different people learn
- Describe the training cycle
- Explain how to identify training needs
- Write clear aims and objectives
- List the factors to consider when preparing for a training event
- Demonstrate co-operative training delivery skills
- Explain the importance of training records
- Devise a personal action plan
How will I learn?
During the workshop you will learn by taking part in:
- Whole and sub-group discussion with practical activities
- Q&A sessions
- Self-reflection activities to think about how you will apply what you have learned to a wider context