This event is organised by Community Led Housing London
Learn about how to take control of your housing and live cooperatively. Hear from groups developing new ways of building and living together.
About this Event
- Interested in housing coops or cohousing?
- Want to know how to take control of your housing and live cooperatively?
Join us for an evening of presentations and discussion exploring how groups in London are developing new ways of building and living together.
From housing coops to cohousing, approaches to living cooperatively have provided affordable, secure and mutually supportive housing in London for years. Now with the precarity and isolation created by private renting (and more recently co-living), more people are looking to cooperative models as a solution to the city’s ever-increasing housing pressures.
This event is for anyone interested in housing co-ops, cohousing or other forms of community led housing. We're inviting people from existing projects in London to share their experiences with new groups and anyone interested in joining or starting one for themselves.
Programme for the evening
SETTING THE SCENE
- Support and opportunities for new groups - Gemma Holyoak, Community Led Housing London
- Introduction to cooperative governance - Speaker TBC
NEW IDEAS AND INITIATIVES
In an open group discussion we will hear from five projects that are developing new ways to build, govern, live and work together, and invite attendees to share their ideas and experiences.
- Panel - The Drive Coop, Heads2Gether, London Cohousing
- Chair - Rowan Mackay, Community Led Housing Hondon
The evening will end with networking and drinks.