A FREE half day workshop about co‑operatives, what it takes to set one up and the support available to groups wanting to start a co‑op.
Join us in Manchester on 26 November, 1-5PM:
This event is now FULLY BOOKED please visit The Hive for further support on what is on offer. If you would like to be added to the event waiting list please email [email protected] to express interest.
What will the day be about?
An interactive exploration of the history and application of the co‑operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co‑operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co‑operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co‑operative
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co‑operative and the sectors they operate in
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co‑operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co‑operative model for a given enterprise
- The support available to co‑operative start‑ups and conversions