A FREE half day workshop about co‑operatives, what it takes to set one up and the support available to groups wanting to start a co‑op.
Join us in Manchester on 14 March, 1-5PM:
This session is fully booked. Please email our events coordinator Leoni on [email protected] to join our waiting list.
What will the day be about?
An interactive exploration of the history and application of the co‑operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co‑operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co‑operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co‑operative
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co‑operative and the sectors they operate in
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co‑operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co‑operative model for a given enterprise
- The support available to co‑operative start‑ups and conversions