Now you have a clear idea of your legal structure, this section takes you through the steps needed and options you have in order to register your co-operative.
Before registering your co-op, we recommend that you have already:
- Completed a business plan
- Made sure that the co-operative model is the right fit for your business
- Worked through the building blocks of your co-operative structure including:
- Completing the select-a-structure tool
- Identifying the most appropriate legal form
- Choosing a governing document, where a model one is available
- A name for your co-op - use our guidance here
- Named individuals authorised to sign paperwork
1. Co-operatives UK can help your register your co-operative and offers 2 registration packages:
If you are confident you are ready to start a co-operative, then you can go directly to Co-operatives UK who can register your co-op using a model governing document for a fee using one of these packages:
Plus package - £250 - this package is designed to provide a complete registration service using one of Co-operatives UK's model governing documents.
Advanced package - £500 - this is designed to provide a more bespoke service using one of Co-operatives UK's model governing documents.
Terms and Conditions apply.
2. If you need help to complete some of the above stages, there are a few routes available to you:
- Apply for advice and support from The Hive
- Contact one of our Approved Providers or another co-operative business adviser from the directory.