New webinar series promoting co‑ops across UK
We're pleased to announce a series of webinars to promote co‑ops to new sectors and audiences across the UK.
The webinars are in response to an increased curiosity and interest in the co-op model over the course of 2020, including an increase in applications for Hive support to start new co-ops.
The webinars will be delivered by our Hive Providers, who have delivered direct business support and training to hundreds of groups and co-ops for The Hive over the last few years. Start-up or existing co-ops can apply for up to 12 days bespoke business support, peer mentoring or training at www.thehive.coop/apply
- 8 October, 10.30am‑12pm – Discover how the co‑op model could help your community. Delivered by Corinna Hartwig Consulting in partnership with Broxbourne Borough Council
- 21 October at 1.00 p.m - 3.30 pm - Creating Community Wealth by Taking Over or Creating Buildings/ Assets the Cooperative Way. Contact [email protected] to book. Delivered by Co-operative Assistance Network Limited
- 21 October, 7:30‑9pm – What Future? Co‑ops & Youth Employment – 18‑30 year olds who have lost employment during the pandemic and co‑op options. Delivered by Stir to Action
- 22 October, 10am-12pm – Community led responses to Covid – creating new co-ops. Delivered by Co‑operative Futures – please note this webinar is aimed at people based in and around Birmingham and the West Midlands.
- 26 October 10 am - 11 am – Move a 'concept project' to 'trading status' at speed. Delivered by the Plunkett Foundation.
- 28 October 7.30pm‑9pm – Co‑ops & the Movement for Racial Justice – BAME groups. Delivered by Stir to Action
- 3 November, 10 am - 11 am – Your local economy and the 'New Normal' . Delivered by the Plunkett Foundation.
- November 3 – 10am‑12.00 pm – The great business idea we almost forgot – how co‑operatives are good for people and the economy Delivered by Wales Co‑operative Centre
- November 10 – 10am‑12.00 pm – You’re not alone – the benefits of joint working. Delivered by Wales Co‑operative Centre
The Hive is a support programme for co-ops, delivered by Co-operatives UK in partnership with The Co-operative Bank.