Given the impact Coronavirus (Covid-19) is having on businesses, The Hive programme has launched the Assist Package for co-operative businesses experiencing difficulties at this time.
Hive Providers can use the form below to make a referral to The Hive. A referral will highlight a co-operative business – anywhere in the UK:
- Experiencing a crisis
- Having to make a significant, rapid change to their business that is threatening its survival
- Having to adjust or ‘pivot’ the business model to respond to changing circumstances
If you are from a co-operative currently struggling due to the Covid-19 pandemic, please contact your nearest Hive Provider who can make a referral on your behalf.
What is The Hive Assist Package?
This package will involve receiving one-to-one advice by a Hive Provider, delivered remotely. The number of days of support will be decided on a case-by-case basis, dependent on need.
Examples of support include:
- Business and financial re-modelling including community share offers
- Financial literacy training for directors to improve decision-making
- HR including redundancy advice
- Review of governance arrangements including membership offer, Society Rules
How does the referral process work?
Once a Hive Provider makes a referral:
- The Hive team will acknowledge referrals as soon as possible
- The Hive team will then contact the referred co-operative. We will request a copy of latest annual accounts, P&L, any cashflow statements, managements accounts – this will help to demonstrate that the co-op was in a fairly stable trading position prior to the crisis.
We appreciate many businesses' needs will be urgent, but timescales for responding will depend on the level of demand.
Who is eligible?
This package of support is open to all co‑operatives who have been trading a minimum of two years.
Please give as much detail as you can so we can assess the level of need.
We will prioritise support to co-operatives where other business or emergency support is not available. Co-operatives UK is continually updating guidance and support available, including funding, for co-operative businesses at www.uk.coop/coronavirus
The Hive Assist Package
By signing up you agree to receive information from Co-operatives UK. Co-operatives UK will not share your email address or any other personal details with third parties. You can unsubscribe from these updates at any time.