The Hive, a programme for co‑ops delivered by Co‑operatives UK in partnership with The Co‑operative Bank, offers FREE 'Is a co‑operative right for you?' half-day workshops to understand more about co‑ops and how to set one up.
We are currently planning our 'Is a co-op right for you?' sessions for 2020. To be the first to hear about future events, please register for The Hive mailing list.
What will the day be about?
An interactive exploration of the history and application of the co‑operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co‑operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co‑operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co‑operative
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co‑operative and the sectors they operate in
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co‑operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co‑operative model for a given enterprise
- The support available to co‑operative start‑ups and conversions
Attendees should also utilise the information and resources on The Hive for starting a co‑op.
Hear from some of the groups and co-operatives who have already received expert advice and peer mentoring through The Hive. Read our case studies…