The Hive, a programme for co‑ops delivered by Co‑operatives UK in partnership with The Co‑operative Bank, offers FREE 'Is a co‑operative right for you?' half-day workshops to understand more about co‑ops and how to set one up.
2019 workshops – book your FREE place
What will the day be about?
An interactive exploration of the history and application of the co‑operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co‑operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co‑operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co‑operative
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co‑operative and the sectors they operate in
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co‑operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co‑operative model for a given enterprise
- The support available to co‑operative start‑ups and conversions
Attendees should also utilise the information and resources on The Hive for starting a co‑op.
Hear from some of the groups and co-operatives who have already received expert advice and peer mentoring through The Hive. Read our case studies…