The Hive, our support programme for co-ops delivered by Co‑operatives UK in partnership with The Co‑operative Bank, offers FREE 'Is a co‑operative right for you?' half-day sessions for groups looking to start a co‑op or anyone wanting to learn more.
Read more about the workshops below, or find your nearest session. We will be announcing our 2019 dates shortly. Register for The Hive newsletter to be the first to hear.
27 Nov 2018
About the sessions
The 'Is a co-op right for you?' workshops are an interactive exploration of the history and application of the co-operative model outlining the different types there are, their distinctive features and advantages relative to other types of business or organisation model. It will:
- Outline the opportunities a co-operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co-operative option is right for them.
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co-operative.
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co-operative and the sectors they operate in.
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co-operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co-operative model for a given enterprise.
- The support available to co-operative start-ups and conversions.
Attendees should also utilise www.thehive.coop – a website run by Co-operatives UK in partnership with The Co-operative Bank for anyone looking to start or grow a co-operative business.
The Hive online community is another useful resource for new groups, new co-ops and existing co-ops to ask questions, share advice and discuss ideas.
Hear from some of the groups and co-operatives who have already received expert advice and peer mentoring through The Hive. Read our case studies…