Do you have a clear and compelling idea for an ethical digital business? Are you interested in setting it up as a co‑operative? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Applications are open for the 2023 UnFound Accelerator! The deadline for applications is midnight 5 March 2023.
We're offering the chance to help turn ideas for an ethical digital business into a successful platform co‑op – owned and run by the people that depend on it most.
What is a platform co-op?
Platform co‑ops are democratically owned and controlled businesses that use an online platform or mobile app to trade, connect people and pool resources or data.
A platform co‑op is built on co‑operative principles and values which ensure the business:
- Truly responds to the needs of its community
- Embeds equity and social purpose from day one
- Is not controlled by external profit‑driven investors
About the UnFound Accelerator?
The UnFound Accelerator is a business support programme for founders at the early stage of setting up their platform co‑op. Participants will:
- Receive guidance on how to set-up their business through weekly expert-led workshops and tailored one-to-one sessions
- Share the journey with other platform co‑op founders
- Showcase their business idea at a public pitch event with the chance to win a share of a £10,000 prize fund, provided by The Co-operative Bank
Who is it for?
The Accelerator is open to applications for businesses planning to incorporate in the UK where:
- Teams applying have two or more members, at least one of whom is resident in the UK
- All team members participating are 18 or older
The UnFound Accelerator will run from 26 April to 28 June 2023 with the pitch event on 11 July 2023 (TBC).
Key dates for the applications process:
- Applications open: mid-December 2022
- Application deadline: Midnight 5 March 2023
- Interviews – shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an online interview: 27-30 March 2023
Where do I start?
Read the application guidance
- The guidance provides more details on the UnFound Accelerator programme and how to apply
- The application form link is on the last page of the guidance. We strongly recommend preparing your answers in advance before starting your application.
- You can save your application at any stage – simply follow the instructions.
UnFound application guidance
Keep up to date on the Accelerator or other opportunities relating to platform co-operatives by signing up to the UnFound newsletter.