This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Governance (set up) (16)
- Community shares (14)
- Governance (legal options) (13)
- Fundraising (social investment) (12)
- Business planning (11)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (11)
- Organisational development (start-up) (11)
- Organisational development (growth) (8)
- Converting to a co-op (6)
- Fundraising (grant) (3)
- Developing/managing assets (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Community led housing (1)
- Human resources (1)
- Marketing / communications (including digital) (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Standards (health and safety, regulation) (1)
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark (8)
- (-) Financial management and planning (4)
Co-operative Futures Ltd
I have founded and worked in many place-based co-operatives and community businesses in Oxford and have firsthand experience of business and organisational development.
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Andrew Shadrake – ClimatePositive
Andrew has 15 years’ experience assisting community businesses in renewable energy, urban regeneration, food, arts, health and climate change. A former solicitor, he specialises in legal structures…
Ironmonger Community Advisors
Alan has provided advisory services to community groups and enterprises for the past 8 years on behalf of Plunkett Foundation.
Community Shares Scotland
Morven Lyon is the Programme Manager for Community Shares Scotland which is funded by the Scottish Government and National Lottery Community Fund to promote the use of community shares.
Diana is an experienced small business advisor and facilitator specialising in communities, social enterprise and asset transfer and development. She draws on her training as a building surveyor and…
Community Shares Scotland
Toby Sandison is a Development Officer with Community Shares Scotland, which provides fully-funded support to any Scottish communities wishing to issue community shares.
Co-operative Assistance Network
Hilary has been supporting new and existing co-operatives since 1996 and community shares initiatives since 2010.