This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (36)
- Governance (set up) (35)
- Fundraising (social investment) (32)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (30)
- Organisational development (start-up) (11)
- Organisational development (growth) (8)
- Fundraising (grant) (6)
- Financial management and planning (5)
- Converting to a co-op (3)
- Developing/managing assets (3)
- Marketing / communications (including digital) (2)
- Organisational development (diversification) (2)
- Social impact measurement (2)
- Community led housing (1)
- Human resources (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Standards (health and safety, regulation) (1)
- Tax including social investment tax relief (SITR) (1)
- (-) Governance (legal options) (31)
- (-) Business planning (29)
- (-) Community shares Standard Mark (16)
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (2)
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £17m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
Nathan has been delivering support and training to co‑operatives, community enterprises and trading charities since 1998.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Andrew Shadrake – ClimatePositive
Andrew has 15 years’ experience assisting community businesses in renewable energy, urban regeneration, food, arts, health and climate change. A former solicitor, he specialises in legal structures…
Ironmonger Community Advisors
Alan has provided advisory services to community groups and enterprises for the past 8 years on behalf of Plunkett Foundation.
Sandwell Council for Voluntary Organisations
Shamsher has worked with development agencies and has management experience at senior level in economic development, education and social services.
Green Fox Community Energy Co-operatives
Ben has worked in the renewable energy industry for 20 years and in 2012 co‑founded the Green Fox Community Energy Co‑operative.
Paul works with Sporting Assets, a social enterprise that helps develop sustainable sports organisations, by helping them take ownership of facilities, develop new facilities, secure investment and…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Co-operative Futures is a business development consultancy specialising in co-operative, mutual and community led businesses.
Eva Goudouneix is Repowering London’s Community Development Manager.
Co-operatives and Mutual Solutions (CMS)
Dave has advised over 50 completed community share issues over the last 18 years raising £11 million of shares often topped up with other forms of finance.
Renewable energy activist, retired Chartered IT Practitioner and teacher.