This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Governance (set up) (8)
- Community shares (7)
- Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (7)
- Fundraising (social investment) (5)
- Community shares Standard Mark (3)
- Organisational development (growth) (3)
- Organisational development (start-up) (3)
- Community led housing (1)
- Developing/managing assets (1)
- Fundraising (grant) (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- (-) Business planning (7)
- (-) Governance (legal options) (7)
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- (-) Converting to a co-op (1)
- (-) Financial management and planning (1)
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Anne co-founded Morecambe Bay Community Renewables in 2011 and was the main author of their three successful share offer documents.
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
Leeds Community Homes
Josh has numerous years experience in the co‑operative sector – in community led housing and worker co‑ops, as well as establishing and living in housing co‑operatives.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
CASE and TH!NK FC
Ian is passionate about levelling the playing field. He’s an experienced co-operative and community business supporter who works through CASE and also TH!NK FC, a community business for sharing tools…