This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Community shares (14)
- Governance (set up) (14)
- Fundraising (social investment) (13)
- Community shares Standard Mark (6)
- Organisational development (start-up) (6)
- Organisational development (growth) (5)
- Converting to a co-op (2)
- Fundraising (grant) (2)
- Community led housing (1)
- Developing/managing assets (1)
- Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- (-) Business planning (13)
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (13)
- (-) Governance (legal options) (13)
- (-) Financial management and planning (2)
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- (-) Social impact measurement (1)
- Reset all
- (-) Community Shares
- (-) Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- (-) Wales
- (-) Business planning
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering
- (-) Governance (legal options)
- (-) Financial management and planning
- (-) Business turnaround (organisations in crisis)
- (-) Social impact measurement
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Paul works with Sporting Assets, a social enterprise that helps develop sustainable sports organisations, by helping them take ownership of facilities, develop new facilities, secure investment and…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Co-operative Futures is a business development consultancy specialising in co-operative, mutual and community led businesses.
Co-operatives and Mutual Solutions (CMS)
Dave has advised over 50 completed community share issues over the last 18 years raising £11 million of shares often topped up with other forms of finance.
James has worked in the sports sector for more than 10 years. He has spent the majority of that time providing development support to sports clubs and their communities.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Jeff Scales is the Head of Services for Locality in the North and Central regions and has worked in both the public and the voluntary/community sectors over the last 25 years.
Plymouth Energy Community
Jon has been involved in the community energy sector for several years. This has involved establishing and providing on‑going support to two community energy organisations.
Mark is an experienced community entrepreneur and advisor, specialising in enterprise working towards social and environmental change.
Power to Change
Alex is a Programme Manager at Power to Change where she supports community businesses across England to grow and become more financially sustainable.
Jo has been providing support and training co-operative, community businesses and mutual organisations since 2000.
Acorn Co-op Support and Co-op Culture
Andy is an experienced ecological community entrepreneur with a speciality in housing co‑ops, land trusts, community ownership and worker co‑ops that have an ecological or sustainability focus.