This directory lists co-op practitioners offering a range of expert services for new-start co-ops, existing co-ops and businesses looking to convert to co-ops. Use the 'programmes' filter to find practitioners for The Hive and Community Shares programmes.
- Business planning (17)
- Governance (legal options) (17)
- Community shares Standard Mark (8)
- Organisational development (start-up) (6)
- Financial management and planning (4)
- Fundraising (grant) (3)
- Converting to a co-op (2)
- Business turnaround (organisations in crisis) (1)
- Community led housing (1)
- Developing/managing assets (1)
- Social impact measurement (1)
- (-) Community shares (19)
- (-) Governance (set up) (19)
- (-) Fundraising (social investment) (18)
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering (17)
- (-) Organisational development (growth) (6)
- (-) Organisational development (diversification) (1)
- (-) Organisational development (maturity) (1)
- Reset all
- (-) Community Shares
- (-) Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- (-) South East
- (-) Wales
- (-) Community shares
- (-) Governance (set up)
- (-) Fundraising (social investment)
- (-) Engagement and consultation, including volunteering
- (-) Organisational development (growth)
- (-) Organisational development (diversification)
- (-) Organisational development (maturity)
Our Community Enterprise CIC
Michael has over 25 years of experience in financial management and fundraising within the voluntary and public sectors, including company formation, business planning, building purchase, income…
The Community Shares Company
Dave has more than 20 years' experience of working with community and social businesses, helping raise over £17m from over 65 community shares issues in the last 8 years.
I am the strategic adviser to the Community Shares Unit, now partly retired, but still working in a freelance capacity a couple of days a month.
Nathan has been delivering support and training to co‑operatives, community enterprises and trading charities since 1998.
Chris works as an advisor for the Plunkett Foundation and as a Peer Broker for Power to Change, advising community businesses and helping them develop strategies that support their long-term…
Co-op Culture is a co-operative consortium of co-operative and community advisors, entrepreneurs and enterprises. Our members and associates have a vast and varied experience of supporting…
Ironmonger Community Advisors
Alan has provided advisory services to community groups and enterprises for the past 8 years on behalf of Plunkett Foundation.
Paul works with Sporting Assets, a social enterprise that helps develop sustainable sports organisations, by helping them take ownership of facilities, develop new facilities, secure investment and…
Paul is an experienced practitioner providing support to social and community enterprises.
Co-operative Futures is a business development consultancy specialising in co-operative, mutual and community led businesses.
Co-operatives and Mutual Solutions (CMS)
Dave has advised over 50 completed community share issues over the last 18 years raising £11 million of shares often topped up with other forms of finance.
Elderflower Legal & Secretarial Services
Mark Johnson is a commercial solicitor and ICSA-qualified Company Secretary with over 21 years’ experience of developing successful new business models, social and community enterprises.
James has worked in the sports sector for more than 10 years. He has spent the majority of that time providing development support to sports clubs and their communities.
Cwmpas (formerly Wales Co-operative Centre)
Hannah Morris a Business advisor for the Community Shares Wales Resilience Project run by Cwmpas.
Jeff Scales is the Head of Services for Locality in the North and Central regions and has worked in both the public and the voluntary/community sectors over the last 25 years.
Plymouth Energy Community
Jon has been involved in the community energy sector for several years. This has involved establishing and providing on‑going support to two community energy organisations.